A jack of all trades, the chance to DIY your own property’s lawn may seem like a simple way to save on your lawn maintenance, but is it really?
Achieving a pristine, manicured lawn can do a lot to not only improve the look of commercial property but can simultaneously increase property value – and who doesn’t want that? While DIY lawn care may make sense for you and your property’s needs, there are some things to consider before taking the leap.
Getting that clean lawn finish is a time-consuming task and one that a professional lawn expert can help alleviate without risking any harm to your lawn. Sometimes, it’s best left to the professionals.
Our team at Earth Development is here to take you through professional lawn care vs do it yourself, reviewing the pros and cons so you can decide for yourself which choice is best for your property. Let’s dive right in!
Should I Do DIY Lawn Care?
Sometimes, handling your own lawn care is a satisfying, rewarding achievement. While it is surely hard work, DIY lawn care may pay off in the end.
To see if it’s the right choice for you, let’s review some pros and cons.
DIY Lawn Care Pros
Let’s start on a high-note when debating DIY lawn care vs professional services. Here are the pros:
- Cost Saving: One of the most obvious benefits is in terms of budget. Labor costs are incredibly low when you do the job yourself.
- Good Exercise: Doing the lawn care for a large property (or even a small one!) is incredible exercise as you get out and move, maintaining your health with this DIY project.
- Flexible Timing: No need to worry about working around a company’s schedule when you simply do the work yourself! From quick fixes to routine maintenance, you can build your own schedule for your DIY lawn care.
- Boost Knowledge: You can never know too much. By taking on this new project, you’ll surely need to do some research to ensure you do the job right – majorly increasing your lawn care repertoire.
- Personalized Finish: There’s no need to worry about any miscommunications or one-size-fits-all lawn jobs when you handle it yourself, adding your personalized touch.
- Sense of Accomplishment: One of the greatest mood boosters is feeling accomplished, and taking on a DIY lawn project can leave you tired but feeling really proud and accomplished. A priceless feeling!
Phew, that’s a lot of pros! There are surely some perks with handling your own lawn care.
DIY Lawn Care Cons
While there are pros to handling your own lawn care, there are also some noteworthy cons to take into consideration before getting too over your head.
- Hidden Costs: There’s a lot that goes into lawn care, and simultaneously, equipment and other materials must be purchased to ensure a high-end result. From a mower and spreader to aeration tools, these hidden costs can quickly add up.
- Time Commitments: The amount of time it takes to properly maintain a lawn, particularly for a commercial property, is no joke. With trips to the store, clean up, and the actual maintenance project, the hours can quickly mount with this tedious task.
- Unprofessional Results: We all want that manicured lawn finish, but if you don’t have the right knowledge and expertise, your lawn can look unprofessional. Plus, you may run into various problems you don’t know how to handle – from invasive weeds to crabgrass and grub control, different concerns can pop up. Are you prepared to handle them?
Before committing to this big, long-term project, you’ll need to consider if the pros outweigh the cons for you.
Taking to Professionals: Hiring a Lawn Care Service
Sometimes, going the professional route with lawn care companies can do a lot to alleviate stress. Here are some of the positives and negatives of opting for a commercial lawn service.
Professional Lawn Care Pros
Starting with the positives of lawn service vs DIY, here are the pros!
- Convenience: No worries about fitting your lawn care into a busy schedule. By hiring a professional lawn maintenance team, you can ensure your lawn is handled on a consistent schedule.
- Time-Saving: If you don’t have to do it yourself, you have more time for other chores and work. We are all really busy, and this is one less thing to stress about.
- High-End Results: By opting for professionals, you’re guaranteed to get high-end results backed by years of experience.
- Equipment: No need to go out and purchase everything you need – a professional lawn service will handle it all for you, coming in and taking care of the lawn without a need for any of your equipment.
- Better Safety and Solutions: With a lawn service, the team will work with the latest cutting-edge materials with care, ensuring safety measures are intact. Additionally, the professional lawn care team will know just the solutions to all your property’s issues, from lawn treatment to rid of weeds and grubs to quick remedies for sparse grass.
Let’s face it – we can’t be experts on everything, and sometimes, leaving big projects to the professionals can lead to much better results.
Professional Lawn Care Cons
Okay, so it may not always go smoothly when selecting lawn care providers. Here are some potential cons:
- The Wrong Partner: As with any project, you’ll want to be sure it’s backed by the right team, and the same goes for your lawn care. To avoid using a provider that doesn’t meet expectations, check out the options in your area and their previous work.
- Labor Costs: Obviously, hiring a professional is going to cost more than a DIY project. There are upfront costs when hiring a lawn care team, and you’ll need to consider if it’s worth it for you.
- Inflexibility: When hiring a team, you’ll need to work within their availability. Sometimes if you’re looking for a same-day solution, this can prove challenging.
There are pros and cons to everything, and when it comes to lawn care services, you’ll need to decide for yourself which option best suits your needs.
The Bottom Line: Which One is the Best Option?
Whether you’re a DIY pro or just mulling over the idea of hiring a service, going with the professional guarantees a beautiful result. We know, there are some pros of a DIY service. This is true particularly when it comes to costs, a topic that can leave you faltering on the decision. However, in the long run, a DIY choice can add up, too.
A stunning lawn can do a lot to elevate your property, and with the right team of professionals, you really can’t go wrong. To avoid costly mistakes and preserve your time for other tasks, it’s important to find the right team of professionals to complete your lawn care services with a manicured finish that’s sure to impress. With the right skill, a commercial lawn care service can make a world of difference.
We Got You Covered
We know why you considered DIY lawn care, but we also know this project can prove to be a headache.
For comprehensive care and lawn treatment, our team at Earth Development can have your lawn looking pristine and manicured in no-time, maintaining a clean finish through the seasons. No project is too big or small – we are here to help avoid the stress of handling your own lawn, boosting your property with our team of skilled professionals.
Still weighing the pros and cons? Give us a call at 920-406-7501 and we will walk you through our services, so you feel confident in your lawn service vs DIY deliberation.