For any business in a part of the country that experiences harsh winter weather, the annual battle with ice and snow is a familiar one. From ice forming on entryways and pavements to snow building up in parking lots and preventing customer access, it can be a real nightmare.
Snow removal experts like Earth Development know just how much of an impact this can have on your business, which is why we provide excellent local snow removal experts in your region, and a wealth of advice right here on our website.
We think it’s important for people to understand the benefits of Calcium Chloride and why it is so often used in deicing efforts. It’s a compound that is efficient and effective, and of course, absolutely safe to use on your outdoor surfaces.
But there’s so much more to it than that.
10 Reasons You Might Use Calcium Chloride
1. Calcium Chloride works at lower temperatures than Sodium Chloride. You can expect this deicing agent to continue melting ice and snow even at -25°F (-32°C). That makes it perfect for use in parts of the country that experience bitterly cold winters.
2. Calcium Chloride can be mixed with Sodium Chloride, or rock salt, to improve its efficiency. This reduces the amount of rock salt used – perfect during times of a rock salt shortage.
3. It’s better for the environment! Thanks to its improved efficiency over regular rock salt, Calcium Chloride has less of an impact on the natural environment and doesn’t damage nearby soil.4.
4. The efficiency of Calcium Chloride also reduces labor costs. When less of it needs to be scattered, snow removal experts spend less time attending to your property.
5. Combining Calcium Chloride with rock salt melts ice faster and makes pavements bare and safe to use quicker. That’s great for businesses wanting to maintain foot traffic.
6. In low humidity environments, Calcium Chloride forms a brine with melted water and attracts moisture quicker than other deicing agents.
7. Calcium Chloride on its own is up to 10 times safer for nearby plants.
8. The brine formed by Calcium Chloride lasts longer than the brine formed with Sodium Chloride. As it continues to spread across the road and pavements, it created a knock-on effect, melts snow as far as the brine reaches, and stops snow from bonding with the ground.
9. By releasing heat as it melts snow and ice, Calcium Chloride improves the speed at which rock salt on the same surface melts ice.
10. Flakes and pellets dissolve the moment they hit the snow or ice on the ground, quickly breaking any bond with the pavement, whether that’s concrete or stone.
Local Experts Know Which Deicing Agent Is Right For You
Calcium Chloride is a safe bet for most businesses, but local snow and ice management experts can always offer fantastic advice.
At Earth Development, we have more than 20 years of experience providing high-quality, reliable, and affordable snow and ice management services to businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re a single store looking for quick and easy snow removal, or a chain of stores that needs constant deicing and snow maintenance services, we’re here to help.
Call our team today and we’ll connect you with our teams of local experts. You’ll get a free quote and consultation, and we’ll come up with custom snow and ice management plan – complete with a choice of deicing agents – that suits your budget and needs.